Woohoo! It’s Spring Break time and yes girlfriends, it’s time for you to shed the Uggs, earmuffs and that heavy furry lined coat and head some place warm.
You’ve planned every detail of your trip right down to the color of lipstick that’s all the rage right now. Reservations for dinner-check, hotel-check, hottest clubs-check….. but do we have our outfits selected, accessorized and ready to go? If you’re like me, it’s the last thing on the list and panic sets in really fast. You’re down to two days and the suitcases are sitting empty. So I’ve come up with a “what-to-pack guide”, and you can truly relax if you follow my suggetions! No matter where you ‘re headed, make sure you add these items to your suitcase. So, turn on the tunes and groove your way towards your suitcase and let’s get packing!
1. Your favorite jeans. Whether you’re jetting off to a beach destination or a big city, you can wear these anywhere. And guess what? You can wear them more than once and no one will know.
2. At least one sweater Just in case it gets chillier than you expected you should take one for those evenings out. A cute hoodie also works as well.
3. Two bathing suits Why two? So you can alternate and allow each suit enough drying time after you rinse them out, that’s why!
4. At least one dressy outfit You never know what you’ll be up for once you arrive at your destination, so include this little special outfit and dress to impress. What if you decide to go to that club you’ve heard about and they have a door policy? You’ll be set with the little black dress you rolled up in the corner of your suitcase.
5. Tissue paper to prevent wrinkles Roll your delicate items in this and pack them on top of everything else to prevent them from creasing. Neat little trick.
6. Dual function activewear OK, so this is true to my heart. Take some activewear that has style yet studio performance so that you can workout but also use it for casual wear. It packs very compactly taking up nearly no room. Caution, don’t try to get away with yoga pants and think they’re stylish. Do your homework and find some truly fashionable performance fitness fashion.
7. A foldable tote bag This little devil will hold lots of your purchase,s and it won’t take up much space in your luggage, so it’s a must. So if your purchases won’t squeeze into your expandable suitcase, you can bring them home in this! Now there’s no excuse not to buy because you don’t have enough space. Retail therapy, here we come!
8. Tape and Ziploc bags To keep your beauty supplies from leaking all over everything else in your suitcase, take some plastic seal-able bags. This has saved
me a million times over.
Still a bit confused on choices to pack and take? Here are some Golden Rules that I try to abide by:
Pack clothes that you love to wear. Bring items that you know flatter your figure. A trip isn’t the time to try a new look or break into something that’s been hanging in your closet for months. If you haven’t worn it at home, chances are, you won’t want to wear it on your trip.
Bring separates that can mix and match to give you the maximum number of outfit options. Everything you put in your suitcase should work well together. And when in doubt, pack pieces that can be worn twice.
Limit your shoes to no more than two pairs in your suitcase. This for me is the hardest of my rules to follow. Shoes take up valuable space in your luggage, so pack one dressy style and one casual pair (if you’re beach-bound, make it flip-flops or sandals), and wear sneakers en route.
Leave room and don’t pack so tight that nothing else will fit! If possible, bring a bag or suitcase that expands, and if that isn’t an option, save room in case you buy “stuff” during your trip. After all, we do love STUFF!
Last but not least no matter where your plans take you, enjoy, travel safely and always take your sun block! You don’t want to let a sunburn ruin your trip.
Turn It On and Look Fab,